One of the best hosting providers to choose for your first WordPress blog is Dreamhost. Dreamhost is recommended by WordPress.org itself and offers a very reliable and cheap hosting solution. This makes it an excellent choice for beginning bloggers.
Another great benefit of Dreamhost is that it offers great support and a very easy 1-click installation of WordPress.
Some of the key features of Dreamhost that make it the best choice for your blog:
- dedicated WordPress hosting
- easy one-click install of WordPress
- only $2.59 a month
- 24/7 technical support
- unlimited traffic
- free SSL certificate
- fast SSD storage
- guaranteed 100% uptime
Setting Up your DreamHost Hosting Account
Click on Dreamhost and sign up for the Shared Starter plan:
Create your account with DreamHost, choose your domain and pay. After completing the setup process, you will receive an email with further details and your account login at https://panel.dreamhost.com.
Once this is all taken care of you are ready to start to install WordPress on your DreamHost web hosting space.
Installing WordPress on DreamHost
DreamHost offers a very easy one-click install of WordPress.
Follow these easy steps:
- log into your panel and go to the One-Click Installs page at ‘One-Click Installs’
- select ‘WordPress’ from the list of One-Click-Installs
- enter the following information
- Install to: Select the domain you’d like to install into
- Select Database: You probably want ‘Automatically Create Database’ since this creates a new unique database for your site.
- Deluxe Install: It’s recommended you check this box if you would like some free extra features.
- click the Install it for me now! button. Within 15 minutes, an email is sent to you at the primary email listed on your DreamHost account. This email details further steps to take to complete the installation and will explain how you can log into your very first WordPress blog!
That is all there is to it!
So don’t wait any longer and set up your hosting for your very first WordPress website at Dreamhost!